Soma and Futaba District Visiting Tour
Let’s look forward the future of Soma and Futaba District together with us.
- Several activities have been conducted to revive from the damages of earthquake, tsunami, and nuclear hazard in Soma and Futaba District where includes Soma-city, Minamisoma-city, and Shinchimachi. A lot of community people, local governments, companies, NPOs, etc. have participating these activities.
On the other hand, the reality of the life here has not been focused by mass media. People in areas severely damaged by nuclear hazard have not been able to come home yet. Farming and fishery have not been resumed yet by severe damage by radioactive contamination. Severe damage not only by nuclear power station but also by tsunami has still distressed people in coast area.
The tour will share opportunity to talk with people who have been tackling reconstruction activities, to follow the tracks of sequence of reconstruction after the earthquake, and to look forward the future together.
For corporate visitors
- The schedule of the tour will be adjustable to your circumstance.
Please feel free to contact us for any inquiry.
The first Fukushima Bridging Tour was conducted in collaboration with Fukushima-kotsu Co., Ltd, BFF, and Bridge and Associates Consulting on January 25 and 26.
Date: April 12 and 13, 2013 Area: Soma-shi. Minamisoma-shi, Namie-machi
Fourth Fukushima Bridging Tour Date: June 14 and 15, 2013 Area: Soma-shi, Minamisoma-shi, Namie-machi
Date: November 30 and December 1, 2013 Departure: from Tokyo Station at 8:00.
Human Tourism Related News
- 2015/02/24 Bridge for Fukushima on CNN
- 2014/11/27 Trial package tour ‘Difficulties and distress Namie-machi town officials faced on March 11, 2011’ was conducted.
- 2014/09/22 Eighth Fukushima Bridging Tour
- 2014/09/22 Difficulties and distress Namie-machi town officials faced on March 11, 2011
- 2014/09/05 Learning session was held on August 27 at Namie town office